AccessEA is the trading name of the Edinburgh Academy Trading Company Ltd, (registered company number SC167036).
Welcome to our website.
If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only.
Content is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may lead to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites, blogs or social media platforms. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s) and platforms.
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without The Edinburgh Academy Trading Company Ltd. prior written consent.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the law in Scotland.
Please report any errors or inaccuracies to the Marketing Department at 0131 624 4919
These are the Terms and Conditions for Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited, a company incorporated in Scotland (registered number SC130146) and having its registered office at 54 Henderson Row, Edinburgh, EH3 5BL (“Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited”).
These Terms and Conditions relate to the provision by Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited of certain venue hire, equipment hire and related services. These Terms and Conditions together with the applicable Services Confirmation form the agreement between Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited and the Hirer for the provision of such services (“Agreement”).
- Events and Lettings Manager – nominated person working on behalf of Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited.
- Event – means the event for which the Services are being provided, as specified in the Services Confirmation.
- School – The Edinburgh Academy, which has authorised Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited to use its premises and facilities in relation to the provision of the Services.
- Hirer – means the legal person identified as Hirer in the Services Confirmation.
- Hirer Equipment – means equipment supplied to the Venue by the Hirer as specified in the Services Confirmation.
- Equipment – means any item of equipment to be provided by Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited in relation to the Services as set out in the Services Confirmation.
- Period of Hire – means the period of hire identified in the Services Confirmation.
- Services Confirmation – means the formal written particulars of the Hirer’s use of the Venue attached with these Terms and Conditions.
- Services – means the venue hire services, equipment hire services and related services to be provided to the Hirer under this Agreement as specified in the Services Confirmation.
- Venue – means the areas and rooms of the School to be hired by the Hirer under this Agreement as specified in the Services Confirmation.
In consideration of the payment by the Hirer of the fees set out in the Services Confirmation, Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited hereby grants the Hirer the right and licence for the Period of Hire only to enter the Venue and use the Venue and Equipment for the purposes of the Event in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
- Payment Terms:
- The Hirer shall pay the fees as set out in the Services Confirmation.
- For all hires a 25% non-refundable deposit of the total hire is payable on confirmation of the booking.
- Full payment for the total hire is required 21 days before the Event. – In the event of failure settle the balance within the prescribed period of 21 days before the event is due to take, Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited reserves the right to deny access to the venue and its facilities.
- Vat will apply to all hire fees where additional services such as catering are supplied. VAT will be charged at the standard rate prescribed by HM Revenue & Customs on the date of invoicing.
- If any sum payable is outstanding on the due date, Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited shall be entitled to charge interest on any amounts overdue at a rate equal to 2% above the base lending rate of the Bank of England applying at that time, to run from the due date for payment until receipt of the full amount owing.
- If the Hirer terminates this Agreement, Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited shall be entitled to retain any deposit paid. The Hirer shall also be liable to reimburse Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited for any costs reasonably incurred by Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited in connection with the Event or its cancellation.
- If the Hirer cancels the Event within 21 days of the Event, Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited shall be entitled to retain 100% of the fees paid.
- Hirer’s Obligations
- At all times the Hirer, their employees and contractors must comply with the directions of the Events and Lettings Manager.
- The Hirer will only use the Venue for the purposes specified in the Services Confirmation. The Hirer will ensure that good order is maintained throughout the Period of Hire. The Hirer must ensure that minimum disturbance is created both inside and outside the Venue when persons or Hirer Equipment are arriving or leaving.
- The Hirer will only use those parts of the building and premises which are specified in the Services Confirmation as the Venue and observe any instruction given by the Events and Lettings Manager or his representative concerning the area available.
- The Hirer, when advertising, shall not engage in or permit others to carry out the placing of publicity material on unauthorised sites or engage or permit others to engage in fly posting of any kind. Where any fly posted advertisement are drawn to the notice of the Hirer by Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited the Hirer shall at their expense remove such material within 24 hours, whether or not they or others put such material in place.
- The Hirer must be 21 years of age or older.
- The Hirer shall ensure that the maximum number attending as specified in the Services Confirmation is not exceeded and acknowledges that Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited has the right to refuse entry to people in excess of the maximum number or to require people in excess of the maximum number to leave the Venue.
- The Hirer shall conduct, promote and manage the Event in a reputable, lawful and orderly manner and shall have due regard to the importance of the setting and surroundings and the integrity and reputation of the Venue.
- The Hirer shall make reasonable efforts to ensure that no person marks, soils or damages the structure or contents of the Venue and that no wax or powder shall be placed on the floor without the prior permission of the Events and Lettings Manager.
- The Hirer shall comply with all legislation relating to the use of the Venue for the Event, including any requirement to obtain any licence, permission, consent or approval required from any person or authority in relation to the Event.
- The Hirer will be responsible for the Event and the being in charge of the Venue during the hire period including setting up/taking down. The Hirer shall ensure there is adequate supervision at all times.
- The Hirer shall ensure that when providing any music the volume should be kept to a reasonable level and not cause interference to other School activities or cause annoyance to local residents.
- The Hirer shall ensure that the Venue is vacated and all Hirer Equipment removed as per the agreed time on the Services Confirmation.
- The Hirer is solely responsible for ensuring that the Venue is suitable for the purposes of the Event. No guarantee of suitability is given by Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited and all information given is given as a guide only and without liability.
- The terms of this Agreement shall apply to the Hirer’s staff, agents and sub-contractors and the Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring the compliance of such staff, agents and sub-contractors. The Hirer will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that any guests or other persons present or involved with the Event comply with the terms of this Agreement.
- Where the Hirer wishes to bring Hirer Equipment to the Venue, at least 21 days’ notice must be given to Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited in writing. Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited will not be liable for any loss or damage to the Hirer Equipment unless such loss or damage was the result of negligence on the part of Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited or unforeseen circumstances such as fire or flood (not caused by the Hirer).
- Any Hirer Equipment not removed a the end of the Period of Hire will be treated as abandoned and may be disposed of by Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited without compensation after all reasonable efforts have been made to advise the Hirer that the Hirer Equipment has not been promptly removed.
- The Hirer warrants that all Hirer Equipment to be brought into the Venue has been properly maintained and is in all respects safe to use and that operators have been trained in the use of said Hirer Equipment.
- Where the Hirer wishes to utilise Equipment belonging to Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited, at least 21 days’ notice must be given to Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited in writing and the Hirer will be liable to the charge as set out in the Services Confirmation for such Equipment.
- Any Hirer Equipment the Hirer wishes to store at the School prior to the event can only be done with the Events and Lettings Manager’s prior consent and is left at the risk of the Hirer.
- Any furniture or Equipment moved by the Hirer shall be returned to its original position at the end of the hire period.
- The Hirer will not have access to any School telephones or other communications systems and should have the use of a mobile phone, supplied by the Hirer, in case of emergencies.
- The Hirer shall not use any smoke machines, lasers, strobes, incandescent materials, naked flames, candles, pyrotechnics etc. without the prior consent of the Events and Lettings Manager.
- If the Hirer wishes to install any specialist Hirer Equipment then prior permission will need to be sought from the Events and Lettings Manager.
- The Hirer will be responsible for the proper use of Equipment.
- Health and Safety
- The Hirer must comply with the School health and safety policy, which is available upon request.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to carry out appropriate risk assessments for the activity taking place at the Event and the Hirer cannot rely on any assessments held by the School or Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited. Edinburgh Academy Trading limited reserves the right at any time to see sight of and to read any risk assessment carried out by the Hirer. This should give Edinburgh Academy Trading Ltd the ability to check with the Hirer they have conducted proper and up to date risk assessments prior to and during the hire of facilities
- Any mains powered portable electric Hirer Equipment brought on to the site must have prior permission from the Events and Lettings Manager or his representative and have a valid PAT test and inspection certificate.
- The Hirer should familiarise itself with the fire safety arrangements as provided on the fire evacuation notices near the final exits.
- Internal decorations provided by the Hirer such as drapes and curtains shall not be of a combustible nature or should have a valid fire retardant label/certificate.
- The Hirer shall not bring onto the site any hazardous or flammable materials or pyrotechnics without the permission of the Events and Lettings Manager.
- Emergency exits must be kept clear at all times and the Hirer must be familiar with School evacuation procedures.
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to provide its own first aid arrangements.
- The Hirer shall ensure that any accident or major incident that happens on the premises should be reported to the school immediately.
- The Hirer must be aware of and comply with the Edinburgh Academy Schools child protection policy, which can be found at www.edinburghacademy.org.uk.
- The Hirer must ensure that no child under the age of 16 is left alone with an undisclosed adult.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the School.
- Animals with the exception of guide dogs are not permitted anywhere on the school premises or grounds.
- Cars parked on School sites are left entirely at the owner’s risk.
- If the Hirer wishes to provide the Event with catering facilities, it is a condition of the Agreement the Hirer is to use the catering contractors of Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited, currently they are Sodexo. It is only with the express agreement, which shall be provided in wring to the Hirer, Edinburgh Academy Trading Ltd will reasonably consider allowing other catering contractors onto the premises of Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited.
- Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited will require from the Hirer the confirmed numbers for catering not less than 7 days before the event is to commence. The numbers provided by the Hirer will form the basis upon which the final invoice will be rendered.
- In the event the number of attendees due to enjoy the catering facilities drops, Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited will render an invoice for catering to the Hirer for the number of attendees as at 7 days before the event is due to take place. If the numbers of attendees drops below the number advised on or after 7 days before the event, Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited will not reduce the rendered invoice. If the number of attendees enjoying catering facilities were to increase after 7days before the event, Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited, will provide the Hirer with a supplementary invoice in respect of the cost of the additional attendees.
- In the event the Hirer has paid to Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited a deposit and the planned numbers of attendees, who will enjoy catering facilities, drops by more than 10% of the original numbers of attendees advised to Edinburgh Academy Trading Ltd at the time the deposit was paid the following scales will be implemented:
- If the number of attendees advised to Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited, who are going to enjoy catering facilities, when the deposit was paid drops by 10% or less, there shall be no reduction to the invoice rendered.
- If the number of attendees advised to Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited, who are going to enjoy catering facilities, when the deposit was paid, drops to between 11% and 40%, Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited undertake to issue a credit note for the cost of those attendees unable to attend the catering facilities for the Event, provided Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited has been informed in writing and Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited has acknowledged in writing the reduced numbers who wish to enjoy catering facilities.
- If the number of attendees advised to Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited, who are going to enjoy catering facilities, when the deposit was paid, is greater 41%, Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited shall reserve the right to cancel the catering facilities, however Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited undertake not exercise this clause unreasonably.
- Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited reminds the Hirer the above conditions only apply to the catering agreement between the Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited and the Hirer. Credit notes in respect of catering facilities agreed and issued by Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited cannot be used against any invoices raised and rendered by Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited in respect of any asset hire.
- Where the Hirer supplies its own catering the Hirer agrees that all catering activity will be the Hirer’s responsibility and Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited shall have no liability resulting from the Hirer’s provision of catering. The Hirer will cooperate with Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited at all times during the provision of any catering by the Hirer.
- Where the Hirer uses the kitchen facilities of The Edinburgh Academy, the Hirer agrees to take responsibility for the kitchen’s cleanliness, to leave the kitchen clean, tidy and in the same state as it was at the start of the hire. Both a hire charge and mandatory cleaning charge will be applied at the time of agreement.
- Liability and Insurance
- Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited shall not be liable to the Hirer for any of the following losses or damages, whether direct or indirect, and even if such losses and or damages were foreseeable or known, or Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited was advised of the possibility in advance:
- Loss of business opportunity;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of goodwill; or
- Any indirect, special, consequential loss or damage howsoever caused.
- The entire liability of Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited under or in connection with this Agreement whether in negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise is limited in respect of each event or series of connected events to the fees paid by the Hirer.
- The Hirer shall indemnify and keep Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited indemnified against all claims, demands, costs, expenses, loss or damage arising out of acts or omissions of the Hirer save to the extent that any such claim arises because of negligence of Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited.
- Any damage caused to the Venue or the fittings and fixtures thereof or to any mechanical or electrical equipment (except damage caused by Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited, its agents and contactors) shall be the responsibility of the Hirer and Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited will instruct any necessary repairs at the cost to the Hirer. The Hirer shall be liable to pay to Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited on demand all reasonable costs incurred by Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited from such repairs.
- Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited shall effect and maintain or procure that there is effected and maintained public liability insurance in respect of the Venue.
- Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited shall also effect and maintain or procure that there is effected and maintained public liability insurance in respect of the use of the Venue, such insurance to be upon such terms and conditions and with such exemptions as Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited. Shall in its absolute discretion agree with the underwriters from time to time.
- Where specified in the Service Confirmation, the Hirer shall take out and maintain during the Event insurance in respect of its liabilities under this Agreement.
- Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited shall if requested provide the Hirer with details of the amount and extent of the cover provided by insurances and the Hirer shall be deemed to have full notice of such cover and shall comply with terms and conditions of such insurances in every respect.Nothing in this Agreement shall operate to exclude or restrict Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited shall have no liability or be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement for any delays or failures in performance of this Agreement that result from circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited, including without limitation labour disputes, failure of utilities, leakage of water, fire, flood, explosion, external road or building works or breakdown of machinery.
- Additional Rights of Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited
- At any time out-with the Event Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited may require access to the area of hire for purposes of promotion of the Venue’s facilities and work of an urgent nature.
- Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited reserves the right to enter any part of the Venue at any time during an Event and at its sole discretion to refuse admission to any persons or request that any persons leave the Venue if it considers such refusal of admission or request that any persons leave the Venue to be desirable.
- Where the Hirer wishes to sell merchandise of any kind within the Venue such sales will be subject to a fee and or commission charge at a rate to be agreed with Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited or its nominated subcontractors. Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited reserves the right to request that all merchandise sales be made by a nominated subcontractor and at a point in the Venue chosen by Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited.
- All intellectual property rights in any School images, logos, trademarks and materials shall remain owned by, or validly licensed to, the School, and nothing in this Agreement is intended to create any right of use in favour of the Hirer in relation to such intellectual property rights.
- Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited reserves the right to levy an additional charge to cover additional cleaning that may be required after the Event and/or the cost of any repair of damage to the fabric of the building or equipment contained within or its replacement if uneconomical to repair.
- Where the Hirer occupies the Venue beyond the end time specified in the Services Confirmation, Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited shall be entitled to recover any losses or expenses incurred as a consequence of the Hirer’s delay in leaving the Venue, including but not limited to extra staff costs incurred.
- Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited shall not be responsible for the condition of playing fields throughout the season. Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited will ensure where possible, standards are maintained but weather and other factors are beyond its control.
- If marked Yes in the Services Confirmation and provided the Hirer’s name is not mentioned in connection with any other statement or wording, which may be attributed to the Hirer personally, the Hirer undertakes not to prosecute or to institute proceedings, claims or demands against either Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited or Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited’ agents in respect of any usage of photographs taken at the Hirer’s event. The Hirer hereby releases Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited from all claims and liability relating to images, video or photographs taken of the Hirer.
- In the event of damage by the Hirer to any property, equipment or facilities of the owner, Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited reserves the right to determine the extent of the damage incurred and to instruct Edinburgh Academy Trading Ltd contractors to affect repairs to the standard set down by Edinburgh Academy Trading Ltd. Any contractor offered by the Hirer to carry out repairs will require to be approved by Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited before entrance to the venue is granted to affect repairs.
- Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited may terminate this Agreement without notice where:
- the Hirer or any person connected with the Hirer in relation to the Event fails to observe or perform any of the terms of this Agreement;
- the Hirer is a company and a resolution/court order has been passed that the Hirer should be wound up or the Hirer has made an arrangement with its creditors, or a receiver or administrator has been appointed on behalf of a creditor;
- the Hirer is an individual and becomes bankrupt or has a receiving order made against it or enters into any arrangements with or for the benefit of its creditors;
- it becomes apparent to Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited the Hirer intends to use the Venue for any purpose other than the Event; or
- the Event may lead to a breach of the peace or acts of violence may occur or damage may be caused to the Venue or its contents.
- On termination of the Agreement in circumstance described in clause 11.a the Hirer shall immediately vacate the Venue and ensure all those using the Venue in connection with the Event leave immediately. Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited shall be entitled to retain all fees paid under the Agreement and the Hirer shall be liable for the balance of any fees due. The Hirer shall have no claim against Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited for any costs, expenses loss or damage the Hirer may sustain in consequence of such termination by Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited.
- No waiver of any condition in this Agreement on any occasion by Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited will be deemed to be a waiver on any subsequent occasion or of any other condition, which may be grounds for termination of this Agreement.
- This Agreement does not give rise to any partnership between the Hirer and Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited.
- This Agreement is personal to the Hirer and shall not be assigned, sub-licensed, sub-contracted or disposed of in any way without the prior written consent of Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited.
- All notices, demands or requests by either party to the other shall be in writing and shall be sufficiently served if delivered by hand or sent recorded delivery to the respective addresses of the parties set out in this Agreement.
- This Agreement contains or refers to all terms of the agreement made between the parties and these terms shall not be varied or added to except by written agreement signed by the parties.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of Scotland and each of the parties hereto hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts as regards any claims or matters arising hereunder.
- This agreement/declaration has been drafted according to Scots Law and thus in the event of any action arising out of the non-performance of either party of his/her duty under this agreement, any court or tribunal before which such action should fall shall be obliged to apply the substantive law of Scotland, irrespective of the fact that such a court or tribunal be situated in Scotland or abroad. It should be noted that both parties retain the discretion to bring an action in pursuance of performance by the other party before a competent court or tribunal and that nothing contained in this agreement/declaration should be construed as conferring exclusive jurisdiction upon the courts of Scotland to hear any such action
AccessEA Camp BOOKING CONDITIONS
Thank you for choosing to book with AccessEA. These booking conditions are to help us clarify what we can expect from each other. We want to deliver a professional and efficient service and to make sure that you get what you pay for and are happy with what is delivered.
This agreement is between us, AccessEA, and you, as the person who made the booking. The booking conditions outlined begin after you have made a payment. You are responsible for making sure that anyone else involved in this booking is made aware of, and accepts, the booking conditions.
Payments, Child Care Vouchers and tax-free childcare payments
We don’t add on an extra charge for using credit/debit cards and we do not save card details for future use. Unfortunately, we cannot accept childcare vouchers or tax-free childcare payments at this time.
Confirmation of your booking
The confirmation sent to you details what you have booked. Please check that it is all as you expect as soon as you can and verify that the dates you have booked, the number of people booked on the camp and the details you’ve supplied are all correct. Responsibility for all booking details lies with you (or the person who made the booking).
As you’re booking a service with specific dates, your rights as a consumer are a little different. The 14-day cooling off period does not apply, however if your confirmation is not what you expected please tell us within five working days. We’ll change it if we can, and if there are spaces left on camps, or refund you if we can’t. After five working days our normal cancellation and booking amendment terms will apply (They are detailed in the next section Changing or cancelling your booking).
Changing or cancelling your booking
These conditions apply from five working days after your booking. For conditions before this, check out the previous section (Confirmation of your booking).
If you need to change your booking, please get in touch (email@example.com or 0131 624 4900. We will try to make the changes you’ve asked for subject to camp availability.
If you need to cancel your booking and you tell us more than seven days from the camp start date, you will receive a full refund of your payment (using the original payment method), less a £15 processing fee for each camp cancelled.
If you cancel between seven days and 48 hours from the camp start date, you will receive 100% credit for each session purchased, less a £15 processing fee for each session cancelled, usable for any other AccessEA offering until August 31, 2023.
If you cancel within 48 hours of the camp starting, you will not receive a refund or any credits.
New attendee exception: If it is your child's first visit to an AccessEA camp and they do not settle after the second full day of camp, or if you don't want to try them again after the first day, we can offer you our Money Back Guarantee. All you need to do is call us by the end of their second day and we will refund your payment in full.
AccessEA changes or cancellation
If we have to cancel a camp due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you will receive a 100% refund (using your original payment method) or credit note.
If we have to cancel due to county or school health orders or mandates, you will receive a 100% refund of your original payment (using your original payment method) or a 100% credit that can be used until August 31, 2023 on any AccessEA offerings.
If we cancel for any other reason, you can choose a 100% refund of your original payment (using your original payment method) or a 100% credit that can be used until August 31, 2023 on any AccessEA offerings.
If we have to cancel in the middle of a week-long camp due to county or school health order or mandate, you will receive a pro-rata credit based on the number of days cancelled in that week. You can use this until August 31, 2023 on any AccessEA offerings.
Our camps are small to ensure quality of coaching, and many fill up quickly. Last-minute cancellations prevent other children from enjoying our camps. That’s why we have a strict cancellation policy. Thank you for your understanding.
You will be asked to confirm prior to attendance that your child has not been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, had COVID-19 symptoms or a positive test result over the previous ten days.
You will also need to confirm that they have not had contact with someone that has had symptoms or a positive test result over the previous 14 days, or returned from a country not on the travel corridors list in the past 14 days.
In accordance with government guidance, you must be ready and willing to engage with the NHS Test and Trace process. If your child displays symptoms, you must book a test, report to camp any positive result and self-isolate as required.
If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at camp, we may have to ask your child to isolate if advised by NHS Test and Trace that it is necessary. In the event that this happens you will receive a refund or a credit note depending on your preference. If the cancellation is advised prior to the start commencing a 100% credit note will be issued that can be used until August 31, 2023 on any AccessEA offerings.
If we have to cancel in the middle of a week-long camp, you will receive a pro-rata credit based on the number of days cancelled in that week. You can use this until August 31, 2023 on any AccessEA offerings.
Health and Safety
So that we can keep everyone safe and sound, and follow health and safety law and guidance, children with certain medical or physical conditions or those who cannot demonstrate sufficient competence may not be allowed to participate in some activities. In such cases we will always provide alternative activities.
Your child’s information
When you book, you will be asked to fill in forms giving us important information about your child. The information you provide must be accurate: it’s essential we have a complete picture of your child’s physical and medical needs and information about any support they might need with their behaviour. We need an accurate date of birth too, along with the year group they are in (or just completed at the time of camp) to judge what activities they can safely take part in.
If we don’t have accurate information, your child might be excluded from certain activities. In some circumstances we may have to cancel your booking. If this is because of inaccurate information, you will not receive a refund.
We cannot accept children onto camp if their Permission form is not completed and handed in before the camp starts. All information given will be treated in complete confidence.
Care of your child
The ratio of staff to children varies between activities, age groups and camps. We always make sure there are enough staff to look after the children and adjust according to age. However we do not offer any higher staff to child ratio than 1:15, irrespective of any child’s specific needs.
AccessEA staff have a duty to respond if they suspect a child may be suffering from or makes a disclosure about abuse. In this event staff will contact the relevant local authority and act on their advice.
Liability and personal property
AccessEA does not accept liability for personal injury or the death of any person unless directly caused by the proven negligence of the company or its servants. In this event our liability insurance provides cover of up to £10 million.
AccessEA will not take responsibility for the loss or damage of any items of personal property brought onto the camp. Our Parent Information Guide contains further information about what should/not be brought to camp (including mobile phones) and details our Lost Property Policy.
Exclusions and late collection
AccessEA reserves the right to exclude any child for any reason at its absolute discretion, including persistent late collection; we are only structured to have children on site until 18.00. No refund will be made for days missed and no compensation will be made for any other costs or losses incurred as a result. Please note; where children are collected after 18.00 we will automatically apply a ‘late’ fee of £5 per 15 minutes to your account.
Programme and activities
From time to time we may need to amend our activities, services, dates and venues for reasons within or outside our control. In these circumstances, parents may choose to transfer to an alternative camp (if spaces are available) or alternative date as advertised at that time by AccessEA, subject to other conditions contained herein.
Under no circumstances will there be a refund or compensation. Please note that not all activities appear on the timetable daily, therefore if you are booking for 1/2 days we cannot guarantee specific activities will take place within your booked time slot. Please note there may also be changes in the timetable due to COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time of camp.
AccessEA reserves the right to surcharge published prices if there is an increase in the rate of VAT above 20% prior to the commencement of the camp.
Policies and procedures
Copies of AccessEA’s policies and procedures are held at camp and at AccessEA offices and are available on request.
We want your child to have a good time at our camps and to feel safe and well looked after. We pride ourselves on delivering fun, educational activities. However, if you or your child are not entirely satisfied with the service we provide, then we want to be the first to know. If there’s a problem while your child is still at the camp we can almost always resolve it. We cannot change the situation after the event, so please talk to the Camp Manager promptly if you have any concerns or complaints.
If you cannot resolve the issue with the Camp Manager, please contact the AccessEA team on 0131624 4919. If the problem is still not resolved, please write to us at 42 Henderson Row, Edinburgh EH3 5BL within ten days of your child’s last day with us.
You can be assured that your complaint will be taken very seriously. Refunds and compensation will only be made if AccessEA is proven to have been in breach of these booking conditions, and it is proven further that they were not capable of remedying that breach resulting in the child being withdrawn from the camp. Please note: verbal abuse of office or camp staff will not be tolerated and bookings cancelled with immediate effect.
AccessEA acts as a Data Controller for the purposes of the GDPR. To process your booking, we need to collect personal details about you and all the children on your booking. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have permission to pass on these details.
Photography / video footage
Each of our camps has a private Facebook page for use by the parents and carers of children booked in with us. Where possible, we will post photos to this and other social media platforms for you to view, but please note we cannot guarantee your child will appear on these. We might also take photographs and video footage at camp to use for training and promotional purposes.
If you do not want photographs or video footage to be taken of your child at camp, please let us know on the camp Child permission form you fill in prior to camp.
Details contained within these booking conditions were published in good faith in June 2021 for our 2021 camps.
AccessEA is the trading name of Edinburgh Academy Trading Limited (Registration no: 167036).